STUDENT ENROLLMENT CENTER
2012-2013 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
4079 GANTZ ROAD, SUITE C2, GROVE CITY, OHIO 43123
Student Enrollment Center: 614-801-6280, Fax: 614-544-0010
Registration Checklist, click here.
All new student enrollments will be taken by APPOINTMENT (614-801-6280). All students new to the district must be enrolled at the Student Enrollment Center prior to attending classes at any South-Western school location. All students whose families move within the district must also change their address at the SEC.
To enroll a student new to the District: Print out the Registration Checklist and the necessary enrollment forms. All forms must be completed prior to your arrival at the Student Enrollment Center to register your child for school. When the forms are completed, call the Student Enrollment Center at 614-801-6280 to make an appointment to enroll your child(ren). You will also need to bring current proof of residency and a photo ID with you to your appointment.
To re-enroll a student in the District: Print out the enrollment form, transportation form and records request form. These forms must be completed prior to your arrival at the Student Enrollment Center to re-enroll your child for school. When the forms are completed, call the Student Enrollment Center at 614-801-6280 to make an appointment to enroll your child(ren). You will also need to bring current proof of residency and a photo ID with you to your appointment.
To change the address of a current South-Western student (you’ve moved but still live in the District): Print out the change of address form. Bring the completed form, along with current proof of residency and a photo ID, to the Student Enrollment Center, located at 4079 Gantz Road, Suite C2 in Grove City. The Student Enrollment Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. You do not need an appointment to complete a change of address request for a current South-Western student.
Student Health History form - Kindergarten Only:
Student Health History form:
Students do not need to be present during the registration process.
Parents are required to show a photo ID at the time of registration.
Moving? Click here to find out what school your child will be attending.
- Original birth certificate, (or) original hospital certificate,
(or) original Baptismal certificate.
- A current lease, deed, or two current utility bills (in the parent or guardian’s name) to prove residency.
- In the case of divorce or change of custody, a court document signed by a judge.
- Immunization (shot) records.
- Custodial parent/guardian photo ID
- If enrolling from a foreign country for the first time, proof of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test is required.
- To enter kindergarten, a child must be five-years-old by September 30
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Kindergarten Early Entrance
According to State Law, children who turn 5 years of age on or before September 30 of the school year are eligible for enrollment in Kindergarten. For children who turn 5 years of age AFTER September 30, but BEFORE January 1 of that same school year, assessment is available to determine whether or not the child is eligible for "Early Entrance" into kindergarten. These assessments take place in August, 2012.
The process for requesting the assessments for Early Entrance begins in one of two ways:
- Contact the Curriculum and Instruction Office, 614-801-3033, to be placed on the list for early entrance assessments in August, 2012. OR
- Use the Early Entrance Application (available on this website), and return it to the Curriculum and Instruction Office at 3805 Marlane Drive, Grove City, Ohio, 43123.
Registration for Free Head Start or Low Cost Early Childhood Education
Bostic Center Head Start
2975 Kingston Ave.
Grove City, OH 43123
Phone: (614) 801-8520
Stiles Family Center Head Start
4704 Stiles Ave.
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: (614) 801-8394
Norton Road Center Head Start
60 Norton Road
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: (614) 801-6290
Enrollments will NOT be completed at the Main Office on Haughn Road.
For more information, call the Enrollment Hotline at 801- 8438 (English and Spanish)
When enrolling your child, please make sure to bring the following documents:
- Completed Intake Sheet (english version/spanish version)
- Verification of Income (at least one)
- Last pay stub
- OWF statement/FCDJFS benefit letter
- W-2 or 1040
- Verification of Residence (at least one)
- Two current utility bills
- Current Lease
- Settlement Statement
- Child's up-to-date Shot Record
- Child's original birth certificate (If you don't have the original, you can get another one at the Bureau of Vital Statistics in downtown Columbus, located at 220 Parsons Avenue, 614-645-7331)
- IEP, if applicable
If you are interested in having your three to five year old child become a peer model, and being taught in a classroom with disabled and non-disabled children, please call the Preschool Center at 801-8448 for office hours and enrollment information.
Applications are accepted throughout the school year. Children who are several months under the age of three and over the age of three are encouraged to fill out a peer model application. Peer model applications are dated the day they are received at the preschool and applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. However, only children who are or will be three years old at the time of the peer observation will be contacted to participate when openings become available.