STUDENT ENROLLMENT CENTER
2014-2015 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
4079 GANTZ ROAD, SUITE C2, GROVE CITY, OHIO 43123
Student Enrollment Center: 614-801-6280, Fax: 614-544-0010
Registration Checklist, click here.
The Student Enrollment Center will remain open during the summer.
All new student and re-enrolling student enrollments will be taken by APPOINTMENT. All students new to the district must be enrolled at the Student Enrollment Center prior to attending classes at any South-Western school location. All students whose families move within the district must also change their address at the SEC, but this action does not require an appointment. To help ensure your child has a seat in their classroom on the first day of school, please enroll your child in school no later than Tuesday, August 26.
To enroll a student new to the District, click here.
To re-enroll a student in the District, click here.
For additional kindergarten registration information, click here.
To change the address of a current South-Western student (you’ve moved but still live in the District), click here.
Directions for change of address within the District, click here
Verify that your address falls within the attendance boundaries of the South-Western City School District. Please use the School Viewer tool located at: http://croppermap.com/swcsohiorezoning/
To enroll in the South-Western City School District, you MUST live within the district boundaries.
NOTE: If you have a question regarding your address, please call an enrollment specialist at (614) 801-6280.
Review the Student Enrollment Center Checklist found on the Web site at: www.swcs.us/Home/ParentResources/SEC_2013_RegistrationChecklist.pdf
Prepare your child's enrollment information for submittal. This can be done in one of two ways:
Utilize the online enrollment information tool, located at: campus.swcs.us/campus/
Print out and complete the student enrollment form, located in the Forms section at: www.swcs.us/Home/ParentResources/Registration.htm
Make an appointment with an enrollment specialist at the South-Western City School District Student Enrollment Center. Please click here to make your appointment online or call (614) 801-6280 to make your appointment. Students do not need to be present at the enrollment meeting.
In addition to a valid custodial parent/guardian ID, please bring the following documents with you to your enrollment appointment. Click here for a printable list of those documents.
- Original birth certificate (or) original hospital certificate with seal (or) original Baptismal record with seal (or) passport;
- Immunization (shot) records;
- If enrolling from a foreign country for the first time, proof of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test is required.
- A current lease (signed by landlord & tenant) or signed & recorded deed or two different utility bills (in the parent or guardian’s name & dated within the last 30 days) or signed home purchase settlement statement to prove residency;
- In the case of divorce or change of custody, a court document signed by a judge; and
- Special Education Documents (504 Plan, IEP or ETR), if applicable.
- If biological parents are divorced, a parent must provide the South-Western City School District with the divorce decree, shared parenting decree, and the shared parenting plan. The documents must state that the parent enrolling the student is the residential parent for school placement.
- A foster parent enrolling a student must provide all of the documents given to them by Franklin County Children Services (FCSS), and the court order or temporary order of custody (TOC) showing that FCCS has custody.
- A grandparent enrolling a student must provide a dated and time-stamped order of custody or a time-stamped grandparent caretaker affidavit from the Franklin County Juvenile Court.
NOTE: To enter kindergarten, a child must be five-years-old by September 30
Please print the following SWCS forms, complete them, and take them with you to your appointment:
- Grades K-8 Transportation Form/Grades 5-8 Guidance Form
- Student Health History Form
- Verification of Residency Form
- These forms are available at www.swcs.us/Home/ParentResources/Registration.htm#Enrollment_Forms
Are You Changing Your Address (Moving) within the District?
Please make arrangements to provide SWCS with your new address as soon as possible. A change of address form is available here. Take the completed form to the Student Enrollment Center, 4079 Gantz Road, Suite C2, Grove City, along with your photo ID and proof of residency.
Student Health History form - Kindergarten Only:
Student Health History form:
Students do not need to be present during the registration process.
Parents are required to show a photo ID at the time of registration.
Moving? Click here to find out what school your child will be attending.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Kindergarten Early Entrance
According to State Law, children who turn 5 years of age on or before September 30 of the school year are eligible for enrollment in Kindergarten. For children who turn 5 years of age AFTER September 30, but BEFORE January 1 of that same school year, assessment is available to determine whether or not the child is eligible for "Early Entrance" into kindergarten. These assessments take place in May, 2014.
The process for requesting the assessments for Early Entrance begins in one of two ways:
- Contact the Curriculum and Instruction Office, 614-801-3033, to be placed on the list for early entrance assessments in August, 2012. OR
- Use the Early Entrance Application (available on this website), and return it to the Curriculum and Instruction Office at 3805 Marlane Drive, Grove City, Ohio, 43123.
Registration for Free Head Start or Low Cost Early Childhood Education
Bostic Center Head Start
2975 Kingston Ave.
Grove City, OH 43123
Phone: (614) 801-8520
Stiles Family Center Head Start
4704 Stiles Ave.
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: (614) 801-8394
Norton Road Center Head Start
60 Norton Road
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: (614) 801-6290
Enrollments will NOT be completed at the Main Office on Haughn Road.
For more information, call the Enrollment Hotline at 801- 8438 (English and Spanish)
When enrolling your child, please make sure to bring the following documents:
- Completed Enrollment Information Sheet (English version/spanish version coming soon)
- Verification of Income (at least one)
- Last pay stub
- OWF statement/FCDJFS benefit letter
- W-2 or 1040
- Verification of Residence (at least one)
- Two current utility bills
- Current Lease
- Settlement Statement
- Child's up-to-date Shot Record
- Child's original birth certificate (If you don't have the original, you can get another one at the Bureau of Vital Statistics in downtown Columbus, located at 220 Parsons Avenue, 614-645-7331)
- IEP, if applicable
If you are interested in having your three to five year old child become a peer model, and being taught in a classroom with disabled and non-disabled children, please call the Preschool Center at 801-8448 for office hours and enrollment information.
Applications are accepted throughout the school year. Children who are several months under the age of three and over the age of three are encouraged to fill out a peer model application. Peer model applications are dated the day they are received at the preschool and applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. However, only children who are or will be three years old at the time of the peer observation will be contacted to participate when openings become available.
Click here for Enrollment forms