Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Dingeldein, SHP Leading Design, presented Construction Update at the January 28, 2013 Board of Education meeting.
Mike Dingeldein, SHP Leading Design, presented Construction Update at the October 1, 2012 Board of Education meeting.
|Elementary Building PRELIMINARY Concept Site Plans|
SCOPE OF THE OSFC PROJECT
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BUILDINGS
- Thirteen (13) replacement elementary school buildings
- Finland and East Franklin Elementary Schools combined into one larger, more efficient building
- Minor renovations to Buckeye Woods and Darby Woods Elementary Schools, including technology upgrades
- Replacement Franklin Heights High School
Mike Dingeldein, SHP Leading Design, presented Construction Update at the September 10, 2012 Board of Education meeting.
Mike Dingeldein, SHP Leading Design, presented Construction Update at the June 25, 2012 Board of Education meeting.
- Project Cost Updates
- OSFC Commission Approval of the Master Plan
- Controlling Board Approval of the Master Plan
- Project Agreement, Construction Manager Selection
and Project Administrator Selection
Design and Planning Process
- Project Master Plan
- Program of Requirements
DESIGN PHASE (approximately a year)
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Documents
- 15-16 months to build an elementary school
- 24-27 months to build a high school
Goals and Expectations
- Design and Construction Schedule
- Swing Space
- Tour other new facilities in the area
- Lessons Learned from previous construction
- Community & Staff Engagement
- Energy Performance & Building Systems
- Geotechnical Studies
- Site Layouts
- Traffic Studies
- Topographic Surveys
DESIGN AND PLANNING PROCESS
Project Master Plan: The comprehensive plan for repairing and/or replacing the educational facilities of a school district.
Program of Requirements (POR): Part of the assessment and master planning process that establishes the number and types of spaces a district will need to serve its students.
Design Phase-Schematic Design (SD): In this phase of the project, the building's required spaces are developed and organized into functional groupings represented by bubble diagrams created by the Design Professional. This design includes orientation of building circulation patterns and service systems. The Schematic Design is reviewed and approved by the Project Team prior to staring the Design Development phase.
Design Phase-Design Development (DD): Project phase in which the district and their architect work together to develop the designs for the new or renovated facilities.
Design Phase-Construction Documents (CD): This phase is to prepare documentation that will accurately and precisely convey the design to the prime contractors who will construct it.
Bidding Process: The process by which districts select and contract with firms to conduct work on school buildings. The process includes an advertisement for the work scope, acceptance of binds, an evaluation of bids and bidders, and an award to the lowest most responsible bidder.
Construction: The actual construction of the building beginning with site preparation.
Closeout: Process by which all outstanding invoices are resolved, warranty periods begin and the district and the OSFC end their partnership.